Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So Happy Together!


Ben and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Jan. 7. It has been 8 years of wedded bliss! It's been a thick 8 years though...four moves and four kids later! Ben has been an excellent husband to me and led me along in the love and knowledge of our Lord so carefully and wonderfully. All praise to the Lord for this great mystery! We celebrated this year by going out to eat two nights in a row (my Mom is here to babysit!) Ben also bought me this fantastic bowl and watchamacallit from William's Sonoma. I love it! Anne Bradstreet's poem rings so true of how I think towards Ben, so I'll quote it here.


To My Dear and Loving Husband
Anne Bradstreet
If ever two were one, then surely we.

If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;

If ever wife was happy in a man,

Compare with me ye women if you can.

I prize thy love more that whole mines of gold,

Or all the riches that the East doth hold.

My love is such that rivers cannot quench,

Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.

Thy love is such I can no way repay,

The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.

Then while we live, in love let’s so persever,

That when we live no more, we may live ever.

2 comments:

Nikki Schreiner said...

Hi! Happy Anniversary!! This poem is so sweet and I LOVE the bowl and thingamajig :) Love, Nikki

KeriAnn said...

congrats on 8 years! it was so fun seeing you for a little while when you were in moscow. I love that anne bradstreet poem - definately one of my favorites.