Saturday, October 25, 2008

Presbytery


Last, week Ben and I were in Houston, Texas, for Presbytery. I had the time of my life: I didn't make my bed or cook a meal for 7 whole days! I read an entire book over the course of the week, and totally relished all Ben's attentions. Getting to know other pastor's wives in our denomination was a tremendous blessing to me; they are so godly and mature. Nancy Wilson gave two talks to the pastor's wives, and we had a ladies luncheon. The ladies also spent a lot of time shopping and talking together. One of the biggest blessings of the week was spending time with my dear friend Chrissy Evans. Being with her was a true gift from the Lord. God is doing some wonderful works in our denomination. The worship service one evening brought me close to tears when I was hearing all of these godly pastors singing Psalms to our Lord. What an honor it is for Ben and I to be serving in our denomination among such men. May God continue to be honored and glorified. Here is a pic of the Greyfriar guys (many of them former Greyfriars) with Pastors Douglas Wilson and Mike Lawyer. By the way, Ben is also now a FORMER Greyfriar, finishing Greyfriars just a few days before Presbytery!

2 comments:

KeriAnn said...

Hey good for you, Jana! Sounds like a wonderful time. Congrats to Ben for finishing up.

Lauren said...

This was a fun photo to see--having been in Moscow for years and years, it's neat to see what all "our Greyfriars" look like now.