Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #3

Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #3 is one my husband reminded me of the other day. I told him that I was tired of giving myself pep-talks to try to get through the day. His answer to me was, "Sometimes pep-talks don't work. That's when it comes down to faith".
So Tip #3 is FAITH AND THE FEAR OF THE LORD.
When it comes down to it, we must walk and live by faith. What does this look like in my day-to-day homeschooling and family life? It looks like obedience even when I don't feel like it. It means that I live right smack up next to the hot white fire of God's holiness: I live in the fear of the Lord. That doesn't mean that I'm terrified by Him (because His own blood covers me, afterall), but that I honor Him as Lord of all things and of all my circumstances. It means that I recognize the weight of His justification of me, and I live in holiness just as He is holy. How is this accomplished? By faith. When all other pep-talks fail, and I can't see the light under the weight of my homeschooling and children-raising responsibilities...I don't throw up my hands in despair...I hold up my open hands to God in faith.

No comments: