Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #5

NEWS FLASH: Raising kids is HARD WORK...and if you are homeschooling them too, then your work is definitely cut out for you!
Do you ever hear your kids whining this phrase, "It's tooooo haaaarrrddd!" I do...but let's face it...I say the same exact thing sometimes, or if I don't say it, it's what I'm thinking. The only difference between me saying it and my kids saying it is that it's much worse coming from me, because I'm over three times my kids age!

So Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #5 is: DON'T WIMP OUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE HARD WORK OF RAISING YOUR KIDS.

I started realizing that sometimes my problem is not that I need more time out by myself (which sometimes I do, of course), or that I need the kids to be better learners, or________________ (you fill in the blank), but sometimes the issue is simply that I'm lazy, and I don't want to work hard. And to do a good job raising/educating kids requires hard work...and lots of it. So don't shy away from hard work. Roll up your sleeves and dive in...looking to that glorious harvest day when we will cash in all of our hard work for delicious, beautiful fruit!

This verse comes to mind:
"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." Gal. 6:9

God, give us daily strength and grace for the task You have given us!

No comments: