Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #4

Here is Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tip #4: CHANGE SOMETHING.
Actually, this is actually a hard tip for me to follow! I don't like changing things because I WANT THE WAY I'VE ORGANIZED MY LIFE TO WORK, AND I WANT EVERYBODY ELSE IN MY LIFE TO MAKE IT WORK TOO! So if I've made a schedule, I do not want to deviate from that schedule. But I'm learning that sometimes things have to change...especially on those days when nothing seems to be going right. Sometimes the schedule needs to be tweeked, sometimes I've been lazy in the "discipline-of-the-kids" department and I need to repent of that and put the rod into good use, sometimes I need to throw away the homeschool/household to-do-list for the day and actually be okay with that. Sometimes, I need to make boxed mac-and-cheese for dinner twice in one week...and be okay with that too! I suppose it all comes down to being flexible according to the needs of the day. So if a day is falling apart, and my emotions and wits are also falling apart, I need to be DISCIPLINED to ask myself the question, "What can I change for today (or for this week, or permanently)that would make this a smoother ride for all involved?"

No comments: